It trully does not matter whether you visit the Ore mountains in the middle of tourist season or you spend your spring or autumn holiday here. Your will love Boží Dar and its surroundings in any season of the year. With its enviable altitude (1028 m above the sea level) and a very good infrastructure, Boží Dar is a perfect place for recreation. It is very popular but yet not as crowded as any other spot in Czech mountains. Another big advantageis a rather temperate relief of Ore mountains, which you will appreciate during your holiday with children, skiing or taking mountain bike trips. Of course, that does not mean that Ore mountains have nothing to offer to unshockable sportspeople, craving a big dose of adrenalin. Quite the contrary.
A few winter activity ideas:
- Ski resort Novako (100 m from the guest-house) – suitable for children and skiers – beginners
- Ski resort Neklid (200 m from the guest-house) – 6 lifts and a few pistes of different different difficulty levels, including a park for snowboarders
- Ski resort Klinovec (2 km from Boží Dar) – the biggest ski resort in Ore mountains with a very good service and equipment. There is a free shuttle ski bus from Boží Dar that runs during the winter season.
- Yettischool – ski and snowboard school in Boží Dar, works also as a rental of sports equipment (skis, snowboards, sleds, snow shoes, kites)
- 80 km of regularly maintained cross-country skiing tracks including Ore mountaincrossing
- Trips in snowshoes, snowkiting – windy planes covered with snow around Boží Dar offer perfect conditions.
A few summer activity ideas:
- marked tourist and bike trails will lead you to more or less known natural and historical sights.
- Baby Jesus path – adventurous journey around Boží Dar with monkey bars and tasks for children.
- Kids world Novako, Boží Dar – children playgrounds, trampoline, rope track, jump castle and other attractions for children.
- Plešivec resort, Abertamy – giant swing, rope center, bike and scooter rental, free jump, bungee trampoline
- Boží Dar moorland, Blatná dyke, Vlčí jámy (Wolf holes) etc.
- Lookouts: Zíta at Blatná hill, lookout Pajndl, Plešivec etc.